Dress 'Dior' way

by - 18:58


Every catwalk season I dedicate a relative portion of my day to scrolling through good old Vogue.co.uk, choosing my favourite shows and desperately craving their looks.  Along with other fashion lovers, we accept the inevitable truth of not being able to call those perfect garments our own and instead take what we can: inspiration.  Thus, with a little idea about alternative blog content, I thought I'd do a section on lvwears' take on catwalk looks.

The setup of this section may vary from one look from a show to maybe 2 or 3 but for now as the first instalment I've begun with one from designer royalty - Christian Dior.  The SS17 show was just everything a girl could want, designed by female creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri, it had femininity, elegance and strength.  With looks incorporating tulle, leather and those unforgettable slogan t-shirts, it was truly one of my favourites.

The look that I have chosen today is one of a casual nature, hidden amongst the standout looks from the show is one that fits right to style - a t-shirt, blazer and trainer combination.  Incredibly simple and doubly effective in portraying that Dior girl vibe as well as being an outfit fit for many an occasion.

Look 37 from Christian Dior SS17 ready - to - wear collection
For my take on this look, I have begun with my go to pair of black Topshop jeans and this absolutely wonderful vintage velvet blazer, of which I wish I'd had in my life sooner, to create the base of the outfit.  For the tee I have decided to inject a bit of colour, steering it away from that standard black and white look with this quirkier 'wallflower' baseball style t-shirt from Lazy Oaf.  And of course, to finish off this Dior look is a pair of trainers.  My trainer of choice is this extremely comfortable and affordable, yet unlikely pair from Primark.  For me, Primark has never really been my shop of choice, and I have found that the shoes have never really been of good quality either, however, I am hugely impressed by these!

I am really happy with this alternative look, it is super comfortable, chic and still carries that element of 'Diorness.'  Additionally, it allows us girls to wear comfortable footwear, hooray! It's great to see that flat footwear is still remaining on the catwalk, and despite having a huge adoration for heels, it is such a relief for us women!

Lyd xx






You May Also Like

0 comments