The Fendi formula

by - 17:51



The Fendi SS17 show nailed it, more so because it incorporated everyone's favourite go to pattern of stripes.  However, Karl Lagerfeld stole the show for me, by going out in full force with stripe exaggeration; head to toe stripes (as pictured below) reminds me of an outfit fit for a performer in Cirque de Soleil, yet gives me all the feels; this is why it was my look of choice to recreate, lvwears style.

Look 20 from Fendi SS17 ready - to - wear collection

The vintage jacket I am wearing is a stand out Fendi-Esque piece.  The 80s style oversized shoulders and billowing sleeves, along with the inevitable mention of statement stripes makes for a perfect centrepiece to this look.  Additionally, it has also answered any queries I had over clothes hoarding; all I will say is that in fashion, styles, colours, patterns etc. all come back around at some point.  Therefore, back in 2013, I purchased this jacket at a charity shop, it had a popular albeit short moment of glory, only to then be stored away in the back of my closet.  Yet here we are, 2013 Lydia trusted in herself to find a new wave of inspiration and to allow the jacket to live to see another day.

However, you may be wondering, hang on Lydia, that is not you.  Aha, don't get me wrong, I was sceptical about styling this piece, although in true lvwears fashion, I have paired it with simple black skinny jeans to balance out the proportions and have finalised the look, similar to Fendi, with my striped sandals that you may recognise from my last post.  How lucky I am to have bought those sandals, I feel this look wouldn't be quite right without them.

Lyd xx



You May Also Like

0 comments